Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Group Teach

I am in the group doing Adolescence at War. I remember starting off with this assignment not knowing where to start. It seemed so overwhelming and I was not sure how to even begin in the meetings. It seemed impossible to put together enough to teach for 3 hours! I am glad I am working with a great group of people and we have come a long way to get this assignment done.


We have all met multiple times but also have been working individually on major parts of each lesson. I am starting to see the project really come together and it is amazing to know how far we have come from the overwhelming feeling. I love seeing how much thought and work it takes to put this together and I cannot wait to see it put into action! We have some really great ideas and I can picture the lessons going very well when we will do them.  What we really need to work on now is finalizing all the lessons and putting it all together. We also need to finish up our last minute information on the syllabus, rubric, essential questions, and time lengths.


I was nervous for this assignment at the beginning of the semester, but I am very eager to finish and do the lessons in class.

4 comments:

  1. Noelle: It's so easy to feel overwhelmed when starting a new project, especially a big one. For me as an individual teacher, and for this group project, it's helpful to first ask, "What do I want my students to get out of this?" and then work backwards from there. I learned this after leading several class periods with very cool activities that students enjoyed, but didn't learn from. I'm looking forward to seeing what you're group has come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we have a great group too! We have done a lot of work, even last night! We all work really well together and I think we listen to each other's ideas and try to make sense of all the ideas because we all definitely have a share of them! I know we still have some things to do but I think we can get everything together and I also think out who unit will be fun to teach!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely can relate to that overwhelming feeling. It just seems like so much and you do not really know how to go about it. However, like you said, it gets easier everyday. It all comes together pretty well, and then when you're done you realize it really wasn't bad at all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Noelle, Your groups title Adolescence at War is intriguing. I'm looking forward to what you present. Like others have noted it is overwhelming, and I think we will all have learned valuable things about working together and how to effectively collaborate in such a big group project.

    ReplyDelete